Updated: May 6
Name: Mark AE Simmons
Plays Character Don Albert
Questions and Answers about Character
1. BSM: What sort of person is going to love this character?
Mark says. “If you are a lover, you would love Don.”
2. BSM: How is the character like you, Different?
Both are like me. Don can put on swag and get with whomever he wants. Bruce doesn't like to make waves; he goes with the flow. They are both different in many ways, Bruce is a rich boy and Don is a gangster and criminal. I am neither character, nor can not relate to either character.
3. BSM: Is it easier to play this character or yourself on stage?
I’m reserved with myself, but I have a mask when I am playing the character. Mark says, “you wear multiple masks in life. Because you even hide yourself, from yourself.”
4. BSM: What is the biggest challenge about taking on this role?
The biggest challenge Mark says he faces is saying the world “Nigger”. “I am not a racist and saying those words can hurt your mortal soul. It's not me saying it, it's the character that is that way. Had to learn to use it as an art, whether it's art, negative or positive.”
5. BSM: Without giving anything away, what's your favorite line or dialogue?
“That glitter in your eye.” with a southern accent. And when Bruce spoke to a lady saying “Stone of jade, they go beautiful with your eyes. And the lady says, “I didn't know Jade went with hazel. And Bruce says, “They do on you.” He was so smooth with the ladies.
6. BSM: Who is the funniest person from the cast in real life?
Dushawn Darling is the funniest cast member on the roster, loves his blue scarf when we are doing zoom rehearsals.
General Questions and Answers about Actor
1. BSM: When did you first perform?
The first time I performed was a Donkey in a play when I was a little child. I went to the Academy of Art; I am a Kappa Sigma. I was presented with an award from Arnold Schwarzenegger and young Gavin Newsome for my achievements at the Academy of Art.
2. BSM: What do you do in your spare time?
Currently I am working on a new project with Mikey Duran, and it's called the Marilyn and JFK, “Happy Birthday Mr. President.” project.
Mark also hosts a show called, "The Mark Simmons Show, in his spare time.
3. BSM: What attracted you to begin a career in acting?
Mark says, “He has never looked to anyone for inspiration or been attracted to acting because of someone else. I’ve always been this crazy and people always helped me to get work, so they can see me do a skit or comedy. I was very smart in high school, but a stoner and class clown. Sometimes, I was a go with the flow kind of kid.”
4. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I see myself doing commercial voices and a voice over acting career.
5. BSM: What do you do in your spare time?
I like to take nature walks, love the outdoors, I have an Instagram page I promote called (Kitinhdmi), I have two beagles and love to play Dungeons and Dragons.
6. What attracted you to acting and what roles will you be seeking in the future?
After watching the movie Stranger Things, I wanted to get into acting and play many different roles. I will be open to any role they give me, and I can play anyone you want me to play."